Get the information you need for programming applications in the rich, managed-code environment of the Microsoft .NET Micro Framework. You’ll learn how to extend your experience with the .NET Framework and Microsoft Visual C# through real-world examples, expert insights, and code samples—and efficiently build robust applications for the smallest devices.
Discover how to:
- Use an object-oriented approach for programming embedded devices
- Create input and output port objects
- Develop detailed text and graphical displays that support complex user interactions
- Add Windows SideShow functionality into your application
- Implement functionality from existing applications to embedded applications
- Bind physical hardware events to Windows Presentation Foundation elements
- Establish embedded-network connections using TCP/IP
- Use emulation techniques for rapid-prototyping, experimentation, testing, and debugging
- Optimize performance of resource-constrained devices
PLUS—Get code samples in Visual C# on the Web
|Product dimensions:||7.40(w) x 8.98(h) x 0.87(d)|
About the Author
Donald Thompson is Director of Engineering for Microsoft Research. He is responsible for overseeing the software, protocols, and technology strategy that fueled the Smart Personal Objects Technology (SPOT) initiative. He also helped build the system that places advertisements on all MSN Web properties.