Emerging Infections 4 / Edition 4 available in Paperback
- Pub. Date:
- ASM Press
Emerging Infections 4 is the fourth of an annual series of books based on ICAAC Symposia on Emerging Infections. It provides a complete and updated discussion of new and emerging infectious diseases, covering both basic science and clinical topics. The editors are in the forefront of the scientific and clinical communities dealing with emerging pathogens. This book and the series will be valuable to a wide range of people working in microbiology, infectious diseases, epidemiology, public health, and clinical medicine.
Table of ContentsTable of Contents
1. Respiratory Syncytial Virus: Microbe for All Ages, Mimic of Maladies Many
2. Emergence of Human Immunodeficiency Virus Drug Resistance
3. Toroviruses: Emerging Pathogens of Humans and Animals
4. The Human Enteric Caliciviruses: an Expanded Role for Old Viruses
5. Monkeypox: an Emerging Infection for Humans?
6. Sequence-Based Methods for Pathogen Discovery: the Complex Associations of Microbes, Microbial Sequences, and Host
8. Group B Streptococci: from Emerging Infection to Prevention Success Story
9. Helicobacter Species other than Helicobacter pylori: Emerging Pathogens in Humans and Animals
10. Noncholera Vibrios
11. Cryptosporidium parvum: Miniscule but Mighty
12. Human Immunodeficiency Virus-Related Opportunistic Infections in the Era of Highly Active Antiretroviral Therapy
13. Countermeasures to the Reemergence of Smallpox Virus as an Agent of Bioterrorism
14. Are Hemorrhagic Fever Viruses Practical Agents for Biological Terrorism?