EMT-Basic Review: A Case-Based Approach / Edition 1 available in Paperback
- Pub. Date:
- Elsevier Health Sciences
EMT-Basic Review: A Case-based Approach offers a comprehensive review of all major subject areas covered by state and national EMT-Basic certification exams. This manual presents real-life cases or scenarios, including actual calls, and contains over 1,400 multiple-choice, fill-in-the-blank, and true/false questions based on these cases. The questions are based on the objectives included in the U.S. Department of Transportation's EMT-B curriculum and not on any specific texts, making this a valuable resource for any EMT-Basic course.
- Includes a CD-ROM with two multiple-choice practice tests to help students prepare for the National Registry exam. The practice tests are scored, and each correct answer is followed by a rationale to help students understand why it is correct.
- Features cases based on actual EMS calls, putting students in real-life situations for a more engaging and pertinent learning experience.
- Each case includes Plan of Action sections, giving students a chance to formulate a treatment plan based on the case, then compare the plan to the "suggested treatment" and rationale in the answer key.
- Includes answers with rationales at the end of each chapter, reinforcing key concepts and giving students instant feedback and an understanding of why an answer is correct.
- A test-taking tips section discusses techniques that work with a variety of learning styles and goes over time management techniques to help prepare students for their exam.
- The National Registry's EMT-Basic skill sheets are placed at the back of the manual for easy reference so students can review them before testing at the practical stations.
|Publisher:||Elsevier Health Sciences|
|Edition description:||Older Edition|
|Product dimensions:||8.50(w) x 10.90(h) x 0.80(d)|
Table of ContentsTABLE OF CONTENTS:
Study and Test-taking Skills for EMT Students
Chapter 1 – Introduction and the Role of the EMT
Chapter 2 – Medical Terminology
Chapter 3 – Infection Control, Stress Management
Chapter 4 – Medical-Legal Issues
Chapter 5 – Anatomy & Physiology
Chapter 6 – Lifting & Moving Patients
Chapter 7 – Scene Size-up, Initial Assessment, Vital Signs, SAMPLE
Chapter 8 – Airway Management
Chapter 9 – Trauma Assessment
Chapter 10 – Musculoskeletal Injuries
Chapter 11 – Head & Spinal Injuries
Chapter 12 – Soft Tissue Injuries & Bleeding Control
Chapter 13 – Shock Management
Chapter 14 – Medical Assessment
Chapter 15 – Respiratory Diseases
Chapter 16 – Cardiac Diseases
Chapter 17 – Altered Mental Status, Stroke, and Diabetes
Chapter 18 – Poisons and Overdoses
Chapter 19 – Environmental Problems
Chapter 20 – Behavioral Emergencies
Chapter 21 – Obstetrics and Gynecology
Chapter 22 – Pediatrics
Chapter 23 – Geriatrics
Chapter 24 – Communications
Chapter 25 – Ambulance & EMS Operations
Chapter 26 – Gaining Access, Rescue Operations
Chapter 27 – Bioterrorism
Chapter 28 – Advanced Airway
Practice Test 1
Practice Test 2