The Encyclopedia of Ecology and Environmental Managementaddresses the core definitions and issues in pure and appliedecology. It is neither a short entry dictionary nor a long entryencyclopedia, but lies somewhere in between. The mixture of shortentry definitions and long entry essays gives a comprehensive andup-to-date alphabetical guide to over 3000 topics, and allows anysubject to be accessed to varying levels of detail; while thelonger entries provide general reviews of subjects, the shortdefinitions provide specific details on more specialised areas. Animportant feature of the Encyclopedia which sets it apart fromother similar works is the comprehensive cross-referencing.
- The most comprehensive and up-to-date reference work in pureand applied ecology.
- Definitions cover the entire spectrum of pure and appliedecological research.
- Distinguished editorial board: Dr Peter Moore, Professor JohnGrace, Professor Bryan Shorrocks, Professor Steven Stearns,Professor Don Falk.
- International team of distinguished authors - over 200contributors from 20 countries.
- 3000 headwords defined.
- Over 250 long entries review major topics.
- Heavily illustrated, with a section of colour plates.
- Complete one volume guide to pure and applied ecology.
- Presents cutting edge definitions in emerging fields as well asgrounding in well-established areas of ecology.
|Product dimensions:||8.70(w) x 10.90(h) x 1.70(d)|
About the Author
Peter P. Calow is the editor of Encyclopedia of Ecology and Environmental Management, published by Wiley.
Table of Contents
List pf Contributors.
How to Use the Encyclopedia.
The Encyclopedia of Ecology & Environmental Management.