• Who God is and the actions of God throughout the universe.
• God's plan for earth and our role in God's plan.
• How God interacts with humans and how God does not.
• Whether God needs to become a man or speak through a man as part of God's plan.
• Whether God burns people forever over matters of religion.
• Whether violence is part of God's plan and what part violence plays in life
• God's love and forgiveness
• Whether God is likeable.
• Religion doing more harm than good.
• How to love other humans and show charity toward other humans.
If these are the types of questions that you are asking, this book is for you. My answers come out of my escape from Christianity and organized religion, after 20 years of Christian study, action, and suffering. My hope in this book is that my answers give you the freedom to think and develop your own answers. Answers that may be better than mine. Never stop thinking for yourself!
Thanks for reading.
|Product dimensions:||5.98(w) x 9.02(h) x 0.60(d)|
About the Author
• 13 years in Episcopal school also Episcopal church member
• 4 years, USMC, 1984-88, Release from Active Duty 1988, Honorable Discharge 1992
• 4 years, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, 1981-84, 1989, BA English
• 2 years, Michigan State University, E Lansing, 1989-1991, MBA Marketing
• 10 years private business, 1991-2001, with 7 years Automotive
• 2 years, Mercer County Community College, 1996-98 , AS Auto Tech
• 20 years Christianity, Baptist,1990-2010.
• 4 years, Baptist Theological Seminary, Richmond, 2001-2005, Master of Divinity
• 3 years, Substitute Preacher, 2001-2004
• 5.5 years, Pastor 2 Baptist churches, 2004-05, 2006-2010
I have 4 post high school degrees. I have military, private business, and church experience. On paper, my life may look successful and diverse. However, after 20 years in church, 2010 was beginning of the end of the Christian road. I had sacrificed my finances and career to become a pastor, but after five and a half years, I could not overcoming the fighting in my churches. I still had my faith, but was worn out. A large minority in my second church wanted to go a different direction. I resigned at the end of 2010. With a background of 2 failed churches, I had very limited career prospects, although I did eventually find work.
I have worked in private business since leaving church. I have discovered some insights about God and life that I'd like to share. I hope they will allow you to know the true God, while avoiding the mistakes I made, particularly in centering my life around religion. This book is about the need to overcome the lies of religion and face the truths about God and each other. This book is my contribution to a better life that waits beyond religion.