Uh-oh, it looks like your Internet Explorer is out of date.
For a better shopping experience, please upgrade now.
This volume in the Mosby Physiology Monograph Series explains the fundamentals of endocrine physiology in a clear and concise manner. It provides you with a basic understanding of how the endocrine system functions in health and disease. Attractively illustrated with clear 2-color diagrams, this volume also facilitates study with learning objectives, overview boxes, chapter summaries, and clinical cases with questions and explained answers.
• Bridge the gap between normal function and disease with pathophysiology content throughout the book.
• Easily master the material in your systems-based curriculum with learning objectives, Clinical Concept boxes, chapter summaries, and self-study questions.
• Understand complex concepts by examining almost 200 clear, 2-color diagrams.
• Apply what you've learned to real-life clinical situations using featured clinical commentaries.
• Take your learning wherever you go – this title is also available as an eBook!
• Easily navigate the fully searchable text and figures at www.studentconsult.com. Including bonus content: a supplement on energy metabolism, Key Words and Concepts, Abbreviations and Symbols.
• Stay abreast of recent advances in endocrine physiology with expanded material on reproductive endocrinology and metabolism, and many updates at the molecular and cellular level.
Learn the latest developments in fertilization, pregnancy, and lactation, as well as fetal development, puberty, and the decline of reproductive function with age.
Physiologic principles of endocrine and reproductive systems
Table of Contents
- Introduction to the Endocrine System
- Endocrine Function of the Gastrointestinal Tract
- Energy Metabolism
- Calcium and Phosphate Homeostasis
- Hypothalamus-Pituitary Complex
- The Thyroid Gland
- The Adrenal Gland
- Life Cycle of the Male and Female Reproductive Systems
- The Male Reproductive System
- The Female Reproductive System
- Fertilization, Pregnancy, and Lactation
Appendix A: Answers to Self-Study Problems
Appendix B: Comprehensive Multiple-Choice Examination
Appendix C: Hormone Ranges
Appendix D: Abbreviations and Symbols