Access all of the latest advances in thyroid disorder management with The Thyroid Gland! Brought to you by the same leading endocrinologists responsible for the highly acclaimed two-volume textbook, Endocrinology: Adult and Pediatric, this derivative book presents a compilation of chapters covering all material related to the thyroid gland. Never before available as a stand-alone offering, this content will enable you to give your patients the benefit of today's best know-how on thyroid disorder management from the leading resource in endocrinology.
• Stay abreast of the newest knowledge and advances in thyroid endocrinology, including…
• the use of thyroglobulin assays and ultrasound vs. isotope scanning in thyroid cancer
• the latest understanding of Graves' eye disease
• the use of I-131 in management of multinodular goiter
• T4 transport defects causing thyroid hormone resistance
• best practices in management of thyroid disease during pregnancy
• and much more.
• Benefit from authoritative guidance on thyroid testing.
• Make the best clinical decisions with an enhanced emphasis on evidence-based practice in conjunction with expert opinion.
• Count on all the authority that has made Endocrinology, 6th Edition, edited by Drs. Jameson and De Groot, the go-to clinical medical reference for endocrinologists worldwide.
|Publisher:||Elsevier Health Sciences|
|Edition description:||6th Revised ed.|
|Product dimensions:||8.50(w) x 10.90(h) x 1.10(d)|
Table of Contents
- Anatomy and Development of the Thyroid
- Thyroid-Stimulating Hormone: Physiology and Secretion
- Thyroid Regulatory Factors
- Thyroid Hormone Metabolism
- Mechanisms of Thyroid Hormone Action
- Thyroid Function Testing
- Thyroid Imaging
- Autoimmune Thyroid Disease
- Graves’ Disease
- Graves’ Ophthalmopathy
- Autonomously Functioning Thyroid Nodules and Other Causes of Thyrotoxicosis
- Chronic (Hashimoto’s) Thyroiditis
- Subacute and Riedel’s Thyroiditis
- Hypothyroidism and Myxedema Coma
- Nonthyroidal Illness Syndrome: A Form of Hypothyroidism
- Multinodular Goiter
- Iodine Deficiency Disorders
- Thyroid Neoplasia
- Medullary Thyroid Carcinoma and Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia Type 2
- Thyroid-Stimulating Hormone Receptor Mutations
- Genetic Defects in Thyroid Hormone Synthesis and Action
- Thyroid Hormone Binding and Variants of Transport Proteins
- Resistance to Thyroid Hormone
- Surgery of the Thyroid
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Thyroid Disease During Pregnancy