Engineering Mathematics 7E / Edition 7 available in Paperback
A groundbreaking and comprehensive reference with over 500,000 copies sold since it first debuted in 1970, the new seventh edition of Engineering Mathematics has been thoroughly revised and expanded. An interactive Personal Tutor CD-ROM is included with every book. Providing a broad mathematical survey, this innovative volume covers a full range of topics from the very basic to the advanced. Whether you're an engineer looking for a useful on-the-job reference or want to improve your mathematical skills, or you are a student who needs an in-depth self-study guide, Engineering Mathematics is sure to come in handy time and time again.
- Offers a unique programmed approach that takes users through the mathematics in a step-by-step fashion with a wealth of worked examples and exercises.
- Contains Quizzes, Learning Outcomes and Can You? Checklists that guide readers through each topic and focus understanding.
- Updated throughout for the latest calculators and Excel spreadsheets.
- Ideal as reference or a self-learning manual.
Extra Bonus! Visit Personal Tutor Online at http://www.palgrave.com/stroud, the companion website maintained by this book's British publisher, where you'll find hundreds of interactive practice questions and engineering applications questions putting the mathematics in context.
|Publisher:||Industrial Press, Inc.|
|Edition description:||Seventh Edition|
|Product dimensions:||8.50(w) x 10.90(h) x 2.00(d)|
About the Author
Table of Contents
PART I FOUNDATION TOPICS
- Introduction to Algebra
- Expressions and Equations
- Linear Equations
- Polynomial Equations
- Partial Fractions
- Binomial Series
- Trigonometric and Exponential Functions
- Complex numbers 1
- Complex numbers 2
- Hyperbolic functions
- Differentiation applications
- Tangents, normals and curvature
- Series 1
- Series 2
- Curves and curve fitting
- Partial differentiation 1
- Partial differentiation 2
- Integration 1
- Integration 2
- Reduction formulas
- Integration applications 1
- Integration applications 2
- Integration applications 3
- Approximate integration
- Polar coordinate systems
- Multiple integrals
- First-order differential equations
- Second-order differential equations
- Introduction to Laplace transforms
- Data handling and statistics
What People are Saying About This
This is an excellent self-learning text. In a matter of hours the reader can go from almost no knowledge of a topic to a reasonable level of competence. I have seen no other text that gives the reader a basic knowledge in a topic so quickly, efficiently and painlessly.— Pete Peterson, John Tyler Community College, Virginia, USA
This is the most comprehensive self-help maths text available that is suitable for access level and first year undergraduate science and engineering students.— Hazel Shute, University of Plymouth, UK
This book offers a thorough grounding in mathematics and is a must for any student serious about studying engineering at a higher level.—Robert Jenkins, Learning Enhancement Team, University of East Anglia, UK