English Grammar for Students of Spanish: The Study Guide for Those Learning Spanish / Edition 6 available in Paperback
Is grammar a problem?
Thousands of students like you have found the solution in the clear, simple text of English Grammar for Students of Spanish. This easy-to-use handbook is specifically designed to teach you the English grammar you need in order to learn Spanish grammar more quickly and efficiently.
Look at the features of what you'll find in a typical section:
- an explanation of a concept as it applies to English
- a presentation of the same concept as it applies to Spanish
- the similarities and differences between the two languages, stressing common pitfalls for English speakers
- step-by-step instructions on how to select the correct form
- review exercises with answer key
About the Author
Table of ContentsStudy Tips
Tips for Learning vocabulary
Tips for Learning Word Forms
1. What's in a Word?
2. What is a Noun?
3. What is Meant by Gender?
4. What is Meant by Number?
5. What are Articles?
6. What is the Possessive?
7. What is a Verb?
8. What is the Infinitive?
9. What is a Subject?
10. What is a Pronoun?
11. What is a Subject Pronoun?
12. What is a Verb Conjugation?
13. What are Auxiliary Verbs?
14. What are Affirmative and Negative Sentences?
15. What are Declarative and Interrogative Sentences?
16. What are Some Equivalents of "to be"?
17. What is Meant by Tense?
18. What is the Present Tense?
19. What is the Past Tense?
20. What is a Participle?
21. What are the Continuous Tenses?
22. What is meant by Mood?
23. What is the Subjunctive?
24. What is the Imperative?
25. What are the Perfect Tenses?
26. What is the Future Tense?
27. What is the Conditional?
28. What is meant by the Active and the Passive Voice?
29. What is an Adjective?
30. What is a Descriptive Adjective?
31. What is meant by Comparison of Adjectives?
32. What is a Possessive Adjective?
33. What is an Interrogative Adjective?
34. What is a Demonstrative Adjective?
35. What is an Adverb?
36. What is a Conjunction?
35. What is a Preposition?
36. What is a Conjunction?
37. What is a Preposition?
38. What are Objects?
39. What are Direct and Indirect Object Pronouns?
40. What are Object of preposition pronouns?
41. What are Reflexive Pronouns and Verbs?
42. What is a Possessive Pronoun?
43. What is an Interrogative Pronoun?
44. What is a Demonstrative Pronoun?
45. What is a Relative Pronoun?
46. What are Indefinites and Negatives?
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
It really helps students who are learning Spanish by showing grammatical points in Spanish with English "equivalents".
I love the novel approach this study guide uses. Basically, it reverses the manner in which grammar is taught to non-native speakers. It may seem radical, but it works. Think about it ¿ most languages share common rules and structures. So is it easier to learn them in your own language or in a foreign one? Your own language, of course! But our schools do a really poor job of teaching these rules, so most of us don¿t know them. This study guide is meant to be used along with the English Grammar for Students of Spanish textbook, so make sure you pick up both. I took to the approach used in both textbooks like a fish to water. It just made perfect sense. The only other material that I¿ve learned from so naturally is the Learning Spanish Like Crazy CD set. That one I recommend as well, especially for learning to speak Spanish like it¿s spoken in South America.