At last, a book about your pet that emphasizes total care, training and companionship! You'll not only learn about the specie-specific traits of your special pet, you'll also learn what the world's like from your pet's perspective; how to feed, groom and keep your pet healthy; and how to enjoy your pet through training and activities you can do together. The English Springer Spaniel is written by a breed expert and includes a special chapter on training by Dr. Ian Dunbar, internationally renowned animal behaviorist, and chapters on getting active with your dog by long-time Dog Fancy magazine columnist Bardi McLennan.
About the Author
Table of ContentsPART ONE: Welcome to the World of the English Springer Spaniel.
1. What Is an English Springer Spaniel?
2. The English Springer Spaniel's Ancestry.
3. The World According to the English Springer Spaniel.
PART TWO: Living with an English Springer Spaniel.
4. Bringing Your English Springer Spaniel Home.
5. Feeding Your English Springer Spaniel.
6. Grooming Your English Springer Spaniel.
7. Keeping Your English Springer Spaniel Healthy.
PART THREE: Enjoying Your Dog.
8. Basic Training (Ian Dunbar, Ph.D., MRCVS).
9. Getting Active with Your Dog (Bardi McLennan).
10. Your Dog and Your Family (Bardi McLennan).
11. Your Dog and Your Community (Bardi McLennan).
PART FOUR: Beyond the Basics.
12. Recommended Reading.