This comprehensive handbook provides you with practical advice on:
- planning and teaching outstanding English lessons
- developing effective assessment practices
- preparing your own toolkit for teaching speaking and listening, reading and writing
- organising English enrichment opportunities
- becoming a highly organised and efficient English teacher
- understanding the importance of reflecting on your practice. This book is a must for every aspiring and practising English teacher.
About the Author
Helena Ceranic is Head of English Faculty and Assistant Principal at Bottisham Village College in Cambridgeshire, UK. She has taught English in three secondary schools and has experience of being a Lead English teacher for Essex Local Authority.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction: The highs and lows of being an English teacher 2.Planning outstanding English lessons 3. Teaching outstanding English lessons 4.Developing outstanding assessment practices in English 5. Tool kit for teaching Speaking and Listening 6. Tool kit for teaching reading 7. Tool kit for teaching writing 8. Being a highly organised and efficient English teacher 9. Being reflective and developing your practice 10. Organising English enrichment opportunities