Introducing a historical perspective in the music, radio, television, and motion picture industries, this book contains interrelated chapters that clearly and concisely expose readers to various legal issues among the segments of the entertainment industry. It shows that an appreciation of the extremely creative individuals that comprise the industry will be helpful if you choose entertainment law as a career. After a short overview of the American legal system, this book covers agents and managers, entertainment contracts, constitutional issues, administrative regulation, antitrust regulation, intellectual property issues, live performance issues, music and music publishing issues, and legal issues in television and motion pictures. An excellent reference and informational book for anyone involved in sports and/or entertainment law, including paralegals, legal assistants, and talent managers.
|Edition description:||New Edition|
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 1.25(h) x 9.00(d)|
Table of Contents
- Introduction to the American Legal System.
- Agents and Managers.
- Entertainment Contracts.
- Constitutional Issues in Entertainment Law.
- Administrative Regulation in Broadcast Entertainment.
- Antitrust Regulation in Entertainment Law.
- Intellectual Property Issues in Entertainment Law.
- Legal Issues in Live Performances.
- Legal Issues in Music and Music Publishing.
- Legal Issues in Television.
- Legal Issues in Motion Pictures.