In Entrepreneur to Author, learn the business-minded concepts needed to plan, write and publish a high-calibre book and turn your knowledge and expertise into an IP asset that builds authority and grows your business.
|Publisher:||MacMillan Company Limited|
|Product dimensions:||5.50(w) x 8.50(h) x 1.06(d)|
About the Author
With more than twenty years' experience in Media and Strategy, with global consulting firm Boston Consulting Group, and as Head of Strategy for Rogers Media, Scott brings a unique perspective to entrepreneurial publishing: strategic insight and business acumen.
Scott graduated Bregman Scholar and Valedictorian from the University of Toronto's Rotman School of Management, where he served as the President of the Entertainment & Media Association and earned a major in Management Consulting and a minor in Strategic Management.
He continues to be involved in the global start-up community, actively providing strategic advice to founders working at the intersection of media, technology, and entrepreneurship.
Scott lives in Toronto with his wife, Alisia, and their son, Matthew.
Table of Contents
Introduction: The Power of Publishing a Book
Part 1: Strategy and Planning
- Chapter 1: Align Your Business Strategy
- Chapter 2: Create a Reader Strategy
- Chapter 3: Define Your Content Strategy
Part 2: Transfer of Knowledge
- Chapter 4: Create a Book Blueprint
- Chapter 5: Rough In the First Draft
- Chapter 6: Round Out the First Draft
Part 3: Editorial Excellence
- Chapter 7: Test and Self-Edit
- Chapter 8: Types of Editing
- Chapter 9: Publishing Models and Funding Sources
Part 4: Presentation
- Chapter 10: Packaging Your Book
- Chapter 11: Book Formats
- Chapter 12: Distribution Channels
Part 5: Sales Conversion
- Chapter 13: Book Promotion
- Chapter 14: Building Authority (The Foundational Strategy)
- Chapter 15: Monetization Strategies
Conclusion: Your Entrepreneur to Author Journey
About the Author
About Grammar Factory Publishing
Appendix: Overview of the Entrepreneur to Author STEPS Method