Uh-oh, it looks like your Internet Explorer is out of date.
For a better shopping experience, please upgrade now.
A Journey into Environmental Science
Just as a Global Positioning System helps you steer your car through systems of roads and highways, Environment, 6th Edition helps you navigate the interconnected-environmental systems presented in your environmental science course. By taking you from general principles to specific applications, Environment, 6th Edition helps you direct your path to understanding today's interrelated issues in environmental science. Environment, 6th Edition effectively blends solid scientific content with many examples of problems and solutions empowering you to make informed and responsible choices as you progress on your journey.
On your journey with Environment, 6th Edition you will:
• Explore how the various aspects of the environment interact and connect, and thus how changes in one part of the environment can affect other parts.
• Reach your own informed decisions on the various perspectives of environmental issues affecting the world today.
Plus, a wealth of resources are available to you online including:
• WileyPLUS, a powerful online tool that provides you with an integrated suite of learning resources, including an online version of the text, in one easy-to-use website.
• New "Campus EnviroNews" which connect current environment issues to students' lives on campus.
• And additional information and resources, including real environmental news video footage from around the world and in your own geographic region and backyard.
|Edition description:||Older Edition|
|Product dimensions:||9.25(w) x 11.04(h) x 0.93(d)|
Table of Contents
1. Introducing Environmental Science and Sustainability
2. Environmental Laws, Economics, and Ethics
3. Ecosystems and Energy
4. Ecosystems and Living Organisms
5. Ecosystems and the Physical Environment
6. Major Ecosystems of the World
7. Human Health and Environmental Toxicology
8. Population Change
9. The Problems of Overpopulation
10. The Urban world
11. Fossil Fuels
12. Nuclear Energy
13. Renewable Energy and Conservation
14. Water: A Limited Resource
15. Soils and Their Preservation
16. Minerals: A Nonrenewable Resource
17. Preserving Earth’s Biological Diversity
18. Land Resources
19. Food Resources: A Challenge for Agriculture
20. Air Pollution
21. Regional and Global Atmospheric Changes
22. Water Pollution
23. The Pesticide Dilemma
24. Solid and Hazardous Wastes
25. Tomorrow’s World