Environmentally Conscious Materials and Chemicals Processing / Edition 1 available in Hardcover
- Pub. Date:
The third volume of the Wiley series, Environmentally Conscious Material and Chemically Processing focuses on environmentally preferable approaches to designing and developing material and chemical processing. The book reflects the hierarchy of design, from tools for evaluating environmental hazards of industrial materials and chemicals through to the economics of environmental improvement projects. Major topics covered include: Chemical Manufacturing, Materials substitutions, Engineering processes, products, and systems to reduce environmental impacts, approaches for evaluating emissions and hazards of chemicals and processes, Environmental regulations, Properties and fates of environmental contaminants, and others.
|Series:||Environmentally Conscious Engineering, Myer Kutz Series , #2|
|Product dimensions:||7.75(w) x 9.30(h) x 1.40(d)|
About the Author
MYER KUTZ is founder and President of Myer Kutz Associates, Inc., a publishing and information services consulting firm. He is the editor of the Mechanical Engineers' Handbook, Third Edition (4-volume set) and the Handbook of Materials Selection, also published by Wiley.
Table of Contents
1. Engineering of Mineral Extraction (Michael G. Nelson).
2. Waste Reduction in Metals manufacturing (Carl C. Nesbitt).
3. Life-cycle Evaluation of Chemical Processing Plants (David Brennan).
4. Waste Reduction for Chemical Plant Operations (Ali Elkamel, Cheng Seong Khor and Chandra Mouli R. Madhuranthakam).
5. Industrial Waste Auditing (C. Visvanathan).
6. Reverse production Systems: Production from Waste materials (I-Hsuan Hong, Jane C. Ammons and Mathew J. Realff).
7. Environmental Life-cycle Analysis of Alternative Building Materials (Bruce Lippke and Jim L. Bowyer).
8. Wastewater Engineering (Say Kee Ong).
9. The Environmental Impacts of Packaging (Eva Pongrácz).
10. Aqueous Processing for Environmental Protection (Fiona M. Doyle and Gretchen Lapidus-Lavine).
11. Solid Waste Disposal and Recycling (Georgios N. Anastassakis).
12. Processing Postconsumer Recycled Plastics (Gajanan Bhat).
13. Supercritical Water Oxidation (Philip A. Marrone and Glenn T. Hong).
What People are Saying About This
"This volume focuses on a vast assortment of topics, including metals, chemical and plastics, in addition to building and packaging materials. Readers will also find pertinent discussion, of ways to reduce waste and control pollution endemic to chemical plants." (Electricreview.com; 6/2007)