Epilepsy and Intensive Care Monitoring: Principles and Practiceby Bruce Fisch
Pub. Date: 09/28/2009
Publisher: Springer Publishing Company
"Unlike many other diagnostic procedures, EEG, now over 80 years old, and epilepsy monitoring, now over 40 years old, have demonstrated their usefulness and stood the test of time. Although the benefits of these diagnostic procedures are clear, monitoring is currently not available to the majority of patients in need. One of the factors limiting broader implementation is the lack of practitioners with special expertise.
Epilepsy and Intensive Care Monitoring was developed to address this concern. This practical volume contains detailed chapters covering all areas of clinical epilepsy monitoring. Featuring expert authors from major epilepsy centers, this seminal work reviews all current procedures and applications for monitoring adults and children with epilepsy in the Epilepsy Monitoring Unit and the ICU.
Opening sections are devoted to indications, procedures, administrative considerations, and technical aspects of the Epilepsy Monitoring Unit and ICU monitoring, followed by dedicated sections on EEG diagnosis and localization and monitoring of neurological disorders in the Epilepsy Monitoring Unit and ICU. The book concludes with special procedures and an Appendix with guidelines for organizing epilepsy monitoring centers and technical aspects of EEG monitoring.
Key Features include
- Covers both adult and pediatric Epilepsy Monitoring Unit and ICU monitoring
- Contains over 235 high-quality EEGs and other illustrations, including an 8-page color section
- Comprehensive coverage no other book in this area has comparable breadth and depth
- Clinical Focus Expert authors tell you when and how to perform the procedures they discuss
- Springer Publishing Company
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 8.70(w) x 11.00(h) x 1.10(d)
Table of Contents
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews