Epitome Historiae Sacrae is a reader entirely in Latin (with vowel lengths marked), this book includes 209 readings from the Bible. There are also engaging exercises, including crosswords and matching.
If Lingua Latina is the primary Latin textbook, students should have had finished Lingua Latina Part I: Familia Romana as it drills and reviews grammar while adding more than 1,300 words to the vocabulary and modeling excellent Latin prose style.
- Summary of the major biblical stories and all of Jesus’ life
- Approximately 16,000 Latin words in length
- More than 1,300 new vocabulary words
- Beautiful historical illustrations
- Appendices of historical maps, glossary of names, time tables
About the Author
Roberto Carfagni is a well-known teacher of Latin by the nature method, developed by Hans Ørberg, and has acquired a long experience in the spoken use of the language. He taught Latin literature in the Academy Vivarium novum for four years, and has studied the pedagogical ideals of Italian Humanism.