Have you ever felt as if a supervisor, coworker, or even your own school board was trying to sabotage you? No school leader is immune to the effects of discrimination, bad politics, revenge, or ego-driven coworkers. If you've ever worked in such conditions, you know that adversaries can make your job as a school leader miserable. But even if you're lucky enough to be thriving in your current role, you've probably seen leaders whose careers have been tanked by difficult and demanding circumstances. You may even wonder from time to time, "Am I next?" In Escaping the School Leader's Dunk Tank, Rebecca Coda and Rick Jetter interviewed superintendents, principals, and other educational leaders across the nation who have faced "dunk tank" situations. Through real-life stories and by sharing insightful research, the authors (who are dunk tank survivors themselves) equip school leaders with the practical knowledge and emotional tools necessary to survive and, better yet, avoid getting "dunked." You'll learn:
• Which emotions may be triggering your adversary's negative behaviors.
• How to recognize the most common tactics used against school leaders.
• Why building positive relationships is important to your survival.
• What you may be doing to hurt others' careers...or even your own.
• How to redefine yourself and reclaim your life and career if you've ever been "dunked." The keys to prevailing are being proactive, learning to recognize the warning signs of adversarial conditions, and responding quickly and wisely. Escaping the School Leader's Dunk Tank will show you how.
|Publisher:||Dave Burgess Consulting, Inc.|
|Product dimensions:||5.90(w) x 9.00(h) x 0.70(d)|