The Ultimate Source Book for the Bicycle Enthusiast!
Whether you're thinking about buying your first bike, or considering whether to enter the Tour de France, Essential Bicycle has all the information you need to steer you right! You'll learn about the different types of bicycles and how to choose one that's right for you; simple maintenance techniques to keep your bike ship-shape; and repair techniques for when it falls apart.
- Riding Techniques: Body Posture, Pedaling, Braking, Gear Shifting, Steering, and Drafting
- Bike Maintenance: Waxing the Frame, Lubricating the Chains, Sprockets, and Derailleurs, Testing and Adjusting Gears and Cables
- Bike Repair: Fixing a Flat Tire, Centering the Brakes, Replacing Spokes, and Truing the Wheels
- Tools and Accessories: Helmets, Gloves, Rain Gear, Bike Stands, Spoke Wrenches, Air Pumps, Tire Patches, Panniers, and Water Bottles
- Bicycle Technology: Aerodynamics, Frame Geometry, Ball Bearings, Fork Rakes, Transmissions, and Suspensions
- Exercise and Health: Mental Fitness, Weight Loss, Breathing Techniques, Muscle Toning, Training Regimens, and Stretching Exercises
- Tour and Road Trails: Bike Clubs, Multi-Day Touring, Bike Camping, and Bike Festivals
- Sports and Races: World Records, Registering for Races, Stunt Cycling, and Trackstanding