Based on best practices prescribed in The Guide to Physical Therapist Practice, Essentials of Cardiopulmonary Physical Therapy, 3rd Edition provides comprehensive coverage of anatomy and physiology, assessment, and aspects of the cardiopulmonary systems, with a focus on their interaction. The disablement model is used in describing the eight cardiopulmonary practice patterns. Expert author Ellen Hillegass also discusses pathophysiology, pharmacology, and interventions in the outpatient setting. Incorporating Guide language, her practical approach progresses logically from basic sciences through intervention, and emphasizes lifespan considerations.
• Material follows The Guide to Physical Therapist Practice 2nd Edition, reflecting best practices as defined by the American Physical Therapy Association.
• Evidence-based content is based on the latest research in the field.
• Case studies show the application of concepts with real-world examples.
• Pharmacology chapters reflect both the rehabilitation background of physical therapists and the pharmaceutical expertise of a pharmacist.
• A focus on wellness follows the disablement model.
• Information on geriatric and pediatric cardiopulmonary physical therapy is easy to apply to patient situations.
• Testing for both cardiac and pulmonary dysfunction is conveniently located in a single chapter.
• Cardiovascular medication information covers the latest drugs used in cardiopulmonary physical therapy.
• Information on thoracic organ transplantation simplifies and explains these complex procedures.
• NEW chapters cover the lymphatic system and pediatrics.
• Revised chapters on cardiopulmonary anatomy and physiology differentiate between information that is need to know and that is nice to know.
• An Evolve companion website includes medical animations to illustrate concepts, along with a glossary, glossary exercises, and reference lists from the book linked toMEDLINE abstracts.
|Publisher:||Elsevier Health Sciences|
|Edition description:||New Edition|
|Product dimensions:||8.80(w) x 11.10(h) x 1.30(d)|
Table of Contents
Section 1: Anatomy and Physiology
1. Anatomy of the Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Systems
2. Physiology of the Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Systems
Section 2: Pathophysiology
3. Ischemic Cardiovascular Conditions and Other Vascular Pathologies
4. Cardiac Muscle Dysfunction and Failure
5. Restrictive Lung Dysfunction
6. Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Diseases
7. Cardiopulmonary Implications of Specific Diseases
Section 3: Diagnostic Tests and Procedures
8. Cardiovascular Diagnostic Tests and Procedures
10. Pulmonary Diagnostic Tests and Procedures
Section 4: Surgical Interventions, Monitoring, and Support
11. Cardiovascular and Thoracic Interventions
12. Thoracic Organ Transplantation: Heart, Heart-Lung, and Lung
13. Monitoring and Life-Support Equipment
Section 5: Pharmacology
14. Cardiovascular Medications
15. Pulmonary Medications
Section 6: Cardiopulmonary Assessment and Intervention
16. Examination and Assessment Procedures
17. Interventions for Acute Cardiopulmonary Conditions
18. Interventions and Prevention Measures for Individuals with Cardiovascular Disease, or Risk of Disease
19. Pulmonary Rehabilitation
20. Pediatric Cardiopulmonary Physical Therapy
21. The Lymphatic System
20. Outcome Measures: A Guide for the Evidence-Based Practice of Cardiopulmonary Physical Therapy