Uh-oh, it looks like your Internet Explorer is out of date.
For a better shopping experience, please upgrade now.
Essentials Of Environmental Health / Edition 2 available in Paperback
Given The Success And Positive Reviews Of The First Edition, Friis Has Kept In Tact The Features That Work Well. The Author Has Instead Focused On Completing A Thorough Update Of Tables, Figures And Data.
• New Chapter (Chapter 14) On Injuries
• All Web-Based Sources Updated Throughout To Include The Most Recent Information
• Expanded Discussion Of The History Of Environmental Health, E.G., Contributions Of John Snow, Lemuel Shattuck, And Walter Reed
• New Case Study On Pandemic Influenza (H1N1) 2009
• Coverage Of Recent Environmental Controversies, Such As Use Of Bisphenol A In Plastics
This Best-Selling Offering From The APHA/Jones & Bartlett Learning Essential Public Health Series Is A Clear And Comprehensive Study Of The Major Topics Of Environmental Health, Including:
• Background Of The Field And “Tools Of The Trade” (Environmental Epidemiology, Environmental Toxicology, And Environmental Policy And Regulation).
• Environmental Diseases (Microbial Agents, Ionizing And Non-Ionizing Radiation).
• Applications And Domains Of Environmental Health (Water And Air Quality, Food Safety, Waste Disposal, And Occupational Health).
With A Straightforward, Non-Technical Approach, The Author Has Included Many Examples And Illustrations Of Environmental Health Issues. Perfect For The Beginning Student As Well As The Experienced Health Professional, Each Chapter Concludes With Study Questions And Exercises To Engage The Reader In Further Study.
Looking For More Real-Life Evidence? Check Out Cases 7, 13, 14, & 16 In Essential Case Studies In Public Health, Putting Public Health Into Practice.
|Publisher:||Jones & Bartlett Learning|
|Product dimensions:||8.40(w) x 10.80(h) x 1.10(d)|
Table of Contents
A HeadSeries Page
A HeadAbout the Author
PartI Background of the Field
Chapter1 Introduction: The Environment at Risk
Chapter2 Environmental Epidemiology
Chapter3 Environmental Toxicology
Chapter4 Environmental Policy and Regulation
PartII Agents of Environmental Disease
Chapter5 Zoonotic and Vector-Borne Diseases
Chapter6 Toxic Metals and Elements
Chapter7 Pesticides and Other Organic Chemicals
Chapter8 Ionizing and Nonionizing Radiation
PartIII Applications of Environmental Health
Chapter9 Water Quality
Chapter10 Air Quality
Chapter11 Food Safety
Chapter12 Solid and Liquid Wastes
Chapter13 Occupational Health
Chapter14 Injuries with a Focus on Unintentional Injuries and Deaths
Most Helpful Customer Reviews