Essentials of Professional Cooking, Textbook and NRAEF Student Workbook / Edition 1 available in Hardcover
- Pub. Date:
Managers of restaurants and other foodservice operations need to know how to cook—but do not have to be chefs in order to manage them effectively. Written by Wayne Gisslen, author of the bestselling Professional Cooking, this book gives managers in the foodservice field the information they need about cooking in order to do their jobs well.
Note: CD-ROM/DVD and other supplementary materials are not included as part of eBook file.
|Product dimensions:||8.80(w) x 11.22(h) x 1.01(d)|
Table of Contents
1. The Food Service Industry.
2. Sanitation and Safety.
3. Tools and Equipment.
4. Basic Cooking Principles.
5. The Recipe: Its Structure and Its Use.
6. The Menu.
7. Mise en Place.
8. Stocks and Sauces.
10. Understanding Meats and Game.
11. Cooking Meats and Game.
12. Understanding Poultry and Game Birds.
13. Cooking Poultry and Game Birds.
14. Understanding Fish and Shellfish.
15. Cooking Fish and Shellfish.
16. Understanding Vegetables.
17. Cooking Vegetables.
18. Potatoes and Other Starches.
19. Salads and Salad Dressings.
20. Sandwiches and Hors d'Oeuvres.
21. Breakfast Preparation, Dairy Products, and Coffee and Tea.
22. Sausages and Cured Foods.
23. Pâtés, Terrines, and Other Cold Foods.
24. Food Presentation and Garnish.
25. Recipes from International Cuisines.
26. Bakeshop Production: Basic Principles and Ingredients.
27. Yeast Products and Bread