Ethernet Networks: Designs, Implementation, Operation, Management / Edition 2 available in Paperback
- Pub. Date:
Complete,up-to-date,practical . . . Your total guide to all things Ethernet
Packed with valuable up-to-date information, this indispensable Ethernet reference addresses the technical, management, and financial issues involved in planning, implementing, maintaining, and upgrading Ethernet networks. Drawing on his extensive experience in the field, Gil Held provides detailed, step-by-step guidance on the use of new technologies such as switching hubs, routers, and multimedia networks. And he provides invaluable insights into the new generation of Ethernet networks, including all three versions of Fast Ethernet—isoENET, 100VG-AnyLAN, and 100BASE-T.
The most timely, comprehensive, and practical book on the subject, Ethernet Networks:
- Gives you solid working knowledge of LAN technology and the role of Ethernet networks
- Explains the different types of Ethernet LANs, their components, and how they are constructed and interconnected
- Examines the operation and use of bridges, routers, and gateways needed to construct an enterprise network
- Schools you in proven techniques for estimating the performance of your network before it's actually built
- Provides in-depth reviews of valuable software tools that can assist you in managing your network
The thoroughly revised and updated version of Gil Held's classic, Ethernet Networks, is a must read for any LAN team that works with an Ethernet Network or is considering creating one.
About the Author
GILBERT HELD is Chief of Data Communications for a 4,000-station network for an agency of the federal government. He is also the author of more than ten successful computing books, including Internetworking LANs and WANs; Data Compression, Fourth Edition; Data Communications Networking Devices, Third Edition; and The Complete Modem Reference, Second Edition.
Table of Contents
Introduction to Networking Concepts.
Internet Hardware and Networking Software.
Bridge Routing Methods and Network Performance Issues.
Intelligent and Switching Hubs.
Managing the Network.
The Future of Ethernet.