Uh-oh, it looks like your Internet Explorer is out of date.
For a better shopping experience, please upgrade now.
Ethernet Networks: Design, Implementation, Operation, Management / Edition 4 available in Paperback
Ethernet Networks, Fourth Edition, provides everything you need to know to plan, implement, manage and upgrade Ethernet networks.
• Improve your skills in employing Ethernet hubs, switches, and routers.
• Learn how to set up and operate a wireless Local Area Network (LAN).
• Discover how to extend a wired Ethernet via wireless LANs.
• Understand cabling standards and the role of NEXT (Near End Crosstalk), FEXT (Far End Crosstalk) and other transmission parameters.
• Profit from Gilbert Held's tips and tricks on enhancing security
... and much more.
This indispensable resource features up-to-date coverage of:
• Wireless Ethernet (IEEE802.11 standards)
• 10Gbps Ethernet
• Firewalls in both a wired and wireless environment
• The operation of new versions of Windows(r) on Ethernet LANs
• The use of LAN switches at and above layer 2 in the ISO reference model
• Copper and fiber optic cable to transport high speed Ethernet
Network planners, administrators, and system engineers working with Ethernet networks will find Ethernet Networks, Fourth Edition, an invaluable tool for implementing, updating, and managing their networks.
|Product dimensions:||7.56(w) x 9.37(h) x 1.28(d)|
Table of Contents
Introduction to Networking Concepts.
Networking Hardware and Software.
Bridging and Switching Methods and Performance Issues.
Managing the Network.
The Future of Ethernet.