An in-depth guide to complying with the EU GDPR.
Now in its second edition, EU GDPR – An Implementation and Compliance Guide is a clear and comprehensive guide to this new data protection law, providing a detailed commentary on the Regulation, and setting out the obligations of data
processors and controllers in clear and comprehensible terms.
Read this book to learn:
- How the GDPR differs from the 1995 EU Data Protection Directive (DPD).
- How the Regulation relates to your organisation and how to adjust your processes to comply with it.
- The best way of avoiding “effective, proportionate and dissuasive” fines.
New for the second edition:
- Additional definitions and a new implementation FAQ.
- Further guidance on data protection impact assessments (DPIAs), subject access requests (SARs) and the role of the data protection officer (DPO).
- Clarification of consent and the alternative lawful bases for processing personal data.
All organisations – wherever they are in the world – that process the personal data of EU residents must comply with the Regulation. Failure to do so could cost them up to €20 million or 4% of annual global turnover in fines.
The GDPR will have a significant impact on data protection regimes around the world. This book shows you exactly what you need to do to comply.
About the authors
Our privacy team, led by Alan Calder, has substantial experience in privacy, data protection, compliance and information security. This practical experience, our understanding of the background and drivers for the GDPR, and the input of our fast-growing team of consultants and trainers are combined in this manual to provide the world’s first guide to implementing the new data protection regulation.
|Publisher:||It Governance Publishing|
|Product dimensions:||5.50(w) x 8.50(h) x 0.82(d)|
About the Author
Our privacy team, led by Alan Calder, Richard Campo and Adrian Ross, has substantial experience in privacy, data protection, compliance and information security. This experience, and our understanding of the background and drivers for the GDPR, are combined in this manual to provide the world's first guide to implementing the new data protection regulation.