35th Anniversary Edition
Europe by Eurail has been the train traveler’s one-stop source for visiting Europe’s cities and countries by rail for more than thirty years. This comprehensive guide, newly revised and updated, provides the latest information on fares, schedules, and pass options, as well as detailed information on more than ninety specific rail excursions. Trips start from one of twenty-four base cities on the Continent––including Vienna, Nice, and Milan––and contain all the details necessary to visit historic cities, romantic villages, and scenic hamlets. Three sample rail-tour itineraries combine several base cities and day excursions into fifteen-day rail-tour packages, complete with hotel recommendations and sightseeing options.
Packed with practical information, step-by-step directions, and advice on where to go and what to see and do, and complemented by the inclusion of eighteen maps, this book helps take the puzzle out of European rail travel.
Europe by Eurail is the best source for:
- The latest information on fares, schedules, and pass options
- Web sites and useful phone numbers for travelers
- Sightseeing, attractions, and special tour information for each base city
- Personally researched trips to take you throughout Europe
- Fifteen-day European itineraries
- Practical travel tips on keeping costs down, traveling light, conquering jet lag, exchanging currency, and coping with language differences
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 8.90(h) x 1.40(d)|
About the Author
LaVerne Ferguson-Kosinski and her late husband, George Ferguson, first coauthored this unique and comprehensive how-to guide in 1980. They also coauthored Britain by BritRail (GPP Travel). A resident of Fort Myers Beach, Florida, she has more than thirty years of experience traveling the rails in Europe.