The Evaluation and Management Step: An Auditing Tool / Edition 1 available in Paperback
- Pub. Date:
- Elsevier Health Sciences
Covering 17 of the E/M subsections from the CPT manual, THE EVALUATION AND MANAGEMENT STEP: AN AUDITING TOOL includes three units to help you learn and practice with each subsection. Unit I includes an introduction to E/M coding and breaks down each of the selected 17 subsections in outline format with questions and reports for immediate practice and application. Unit II includes two examinations, each containing 18 fill-in-the-blank cases that correspond to the material from Unit I. Unit III provides the answers to the questions from Units I and II, making it easy to immediately assess your performance. Plus, appendices feature the official guidelines for the ICD-9-CM, E/M Documentation, blank audit forms, abbreviations, and other resources to further your learning.
• Includes both the 1995 and 1997 E/M Documentation Guidelines in appendices so you can easily reference whichever guidelines you prefer.
• Outline format makes content easy to follow and understand, plus a follow-up question at the end of each section tests your comprehension as you move through the book.
• Two practice examinations prepare you for both the exam and the professional environment.
• Evolve learning resources contain study tips, web links, and content updates and provide you with additional resources and links to information on medical coding.
|Publisher:||Elsevier Health Sciences|
|Edition description:||Older Edition|
|Product dimensions:||8.40(w) x 10.80(h) x 0.60(d)|
Table of Contents
Unit I: Evaluation and Management
2. Evaluation and Management Codes
Unit II: Examinations
1. Examination 1
2. Examination 2
Unit III: Answers
1. Unit I Answers
2. Examination 1 Answers
3. Examination 2 Answers
Appendix A: ICD-9-CM Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting
B: 1995 E/M Documentation Guidelines
C: 1997 E/M Documentation Guidelines
D: Blank Audit Forms
F: Further Text Resources