1. Why Reading Reform Is Essential (Robert Slavin).
Is There a Reading Crisis?
Every Child Reading: What Would It Take?
2. Reading Instruction in Kindergarten (Darrell Morris).
A Kindergarten Reading Program.
Assessment and Its Instructional Implications.
3. Reading Instruction in First Grade (Darrell Morris).
Issues in First-Grade Reading Instruction.
4. Tutoring At-Risk Beginning Readers (Darrell Morris).
The Need for Tutoring.
Research-Based Tutorial Models.
A School-Based Plan for Tutoring At-Risk Beginning Readers.
5. Success for All (Robert Slavin).
Success for All Components.
Writing and Language Arts.
Research on Success for All.