- determine the value of your case
- write a demand letter
- negotiate a settlement
- file and serve court papers
- gather evidence
- subpoena witnesses
- present your case in court
- collect money when you win, and
- file an appeal.
|Edition description:||Twenty first Edition|
|Product dimensions:||6.90(w) x 8.60(h) x 0.90(d)|
About the Author
Table of ContentsYour Small Claims Court Companion
1. Basics of Small Claims Court in California
2. Do You Have a Good Case?
3. Can You Collect Your Money If You Win?
4. How Much Should You Sue For?
5. When Should You Sue?
6. Settling Your Dispute
7. Who Can Sue?
8. Suing Different Kinds of Defendants
9. Where Can You Sue?
10. Filing Fees, Court Papers & Court Dates
11. Serving Your Papers
12. The Defendant’s Options
13. Getting Ready for Court
15. Your Day in Court
16. Motor Vehicle Repair Cases
17. Motor Vehicle Purchase Cases
18. Bad Debts: Initiating and Defending Cases
19. Vehicle Accident Cases
20. Landlord-Tenant Cases
21. Miscellaneous Cases
22. Disputes Between Small Businesses
23. Judgment and Appeal
24. Collecting Your Money
25. Legal Research
A. Major California Consumer Laws
B. Legal Jargon for California Small Claims Court
This guide covers the procedures that both plaintiffs and defendants should use to successfully bring or defend a small claims case in California. Unlike other guides, it also contains step-by-step instructions for preparing particularly common small claims cases, along with real-life examples of cases from small claims courts throughout California.