This book was written both for survivors and health professionals, some of whom are cancer survivors, too. Our goal is to provide you with a survivor's road map. --Dr. Ernest H. Rosenbaum
* More than 30 medical professionals reveal insights on surviving cancer to empower cancer survivors and their caregivers, as well as the doctors who manage their continued care.
The CDC's National Action Plan for Cancer Survivorship estimates that there are 9.6 million persons living following a cancer diagnosis. And this number is strictly related to patients. It does not include family members, friends, or caregivers.
For anyone approaching life from the perspective of remission, respected oncologist Dr. Ernest Rosenbaum leads a team of 34 oncology specialists and medical contributors--some of whom are both doctors and survivors themselves--in creating a guide specifically geared for cancer survivorship.
The growing number of people approaching life post-cancer will find solace, understanding, and opportunity with information specifically geared to managing the lingering effects of cancer treatment, such as:
* Lifestyle changes to improve health and longevity
* What survivors need to know following anticancer therapy
* How to manage the side effects of chemotherapy and radiation therapy
* How to set goals for the future
|Publisher:||Andrews McMeel Publishing|
|Product dimensions:||9.80(w) x 7.60(h) x 1.00(d)|
About the Author