Good grammar is as critical to a successful personal and professional life as good grooming. Yet many struggle to master the basics. Enter this straightforward and entertaining book, which will teach even the worst grammarphobes how to write crystal-clear emails, professional-sounding letters, or articulate term papers.
Completely revised and updated, this edition of an Everything bestseller includes:
- Steps to mastering difficult punctuation
- Effective revision techniques
- Tips for clear and concise writing
- Lists of commonly misspelled and misused words
- Brand-new exercises, called Checkpoint, at the end of each chapter
- E-Links: Web sites for spelling rules, style help, and interactive quizzes
|Sold by:||SIMON & SCHUSTER|
|File size:||953 KB|
About the Author
Susan Thurman has taught English grammar from the junior high level to the college level, and currently teaches at Henderson Community College in Kentucky. She was the editor and publisher of Class Act, a national magazine that featured grammar, writing, and ideas for English teachers. Ms. Thurman is the author of The Everything Grammar and Style Book and The Only Grammar Book You'll Ever Need.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
I think this is a very good book for everyone that writes. Doesn't matter what it is buisness, or fiction or non-fiction it will give you the basics of how and where to place in words in the right order.