Debates over constitutional rights impact you every day as an American citizen. But do you know what the U.S. Constitution actually says? This accessible guide contains the complete text of the Constitution, with short, descriptive margin notes throughout. Articles and amendments are then analyzed in depth to help you comprehend the basis of democracy.
This valuable handbook covers:
- How the articles and amendments were drafted
- Insight into the intentions of the creators and the sources they used
- Controversial interpretations and Supreme Court decisions
- How the Constitution affects citizens every day
- The Declaration of Independence, the Articles of Confederation, and unratified Constitutional amendments
This book walks you through the history of this essential document and shows how it has guided lawmakers and judges for more than 200 years. This unbiased look at the Constitution will help you feel confident in your knowledge of this all-important document, gain a firmer understanding of how our government works, and put context around today's most pressing issues.
|Sold by:||SIMON & SCHUSTER|
|File size:||1 MB|
About the Author