Uh-oh, it looks like your Internet Explorer is out of date.
For a better shopping experience, please upgrade now.
Evidence-Based Instruction in Reading: A Professional Development Guide to Comprehension / Edition 1 available in Paperback
Learn to enhance your assessment and teaching of comprehension!
Finally teachers have access to a professional development series, Evidence-Based Instruction in Reading, written specifically to guide them in sharpening their understanding of the five key components to Reading First—phonemic awareness, phonics, vocabulary, fluency, and comprehension. This book focuses on comprehension, but each volume in the five-part series addresses one key component and presents friendly tips and strategies that teachers can take right into the classroom.
How to make Comprehension work for you!
- Consider recommendations for incorporating appropriate reading materials, fostering productive home–school connections, and promoting students’ desire to learn to read and write.
- Read about the findings of current key research studies and learn about their implications for classroom practice.
- Discover how to evaluate your current practices and create concrete plans for change.
- Start a learning community or book club and share your knowledge with colleagues.
- Access useful resources and links to extend and enrich your own learning beyond the classroom.
Teachers rave about A Professional Development Guide to Comprehension!
“ The examples in the book are similar to what actually occurs in real classrooms. I love that Dr. Rasinski uses examples from his own classroom. He is truly in touch with the issues and struggles that teachers face when teaching comprehension."
—Tracy Hendrix, Literacy Coach, Carnesville Elementary School, Carnesville, GA
Also available in the Evidence-Based Instruction in Reading series:
A Professional Development Guideto Phonemic Awareness
©2008 ISBN: 0-205-45628-6
A Professional Development Guideto Phonics
©2008 ISBN: 0-205-45630-8
A Professional Development Guideto Vocabulary
©2008 ISBN: 0-205-45631-6
A Professional Development Guideto Fluency
©2008 ISBN: 0-205-45629-4
Table of Contents
Series Introduction: Evidence-Based Instruction in Reading — A Professional Development Guide
Chapter 1 Reading Comprehension: Defintions, Research, and Considerations
Chapter 2 Instructional Strategies for Teaching Reading Comprehension
Chapter 3 Assessing Comprehension
Chapter 4 Beyond Strategies and Beyond the Classroom
Chapter 5 Resources for Teachers