Learn to fully harness the power of Microsoft Excel® to perform scientific and engineering calculations
With this text as your guide, you can significantly enhance Microsoft Excel's® capabilities to execute the calculations needed to solve a variety of chemical, biochemical, physical, engineering, biological, and medicinal problems. The text begins with two chapters that introduce you to Excel's Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) programming language, which allows you to expand Excel's® capabilities, although you can still use the text without learning VBA. Following the author's step-by-step instructions, here are just a few of the calculations you learn to perform:
- Use worksheet functions to work with matrices
- Find roots of equations and solve systems of simultaneous equations
- Solve ordinary differential equations and partial differential equations
- Perform linear and non-linear regression
- Use random numbers and the Monte Carlo method
The CD-ROM that accompanies this text provides several useful features:
- All the spreadsheets, charts, and VBA code needed to perform the examples from the text
- Solutions to most of the end-of-chapter problems
- An add-in workbook with more than twenty custom functions
|Product dimensions:||7.00(w) x 10.05(h) x 0.95(d)|
Table of Contents
About the Author.
Chapter 1. Introducing Visual Basic for Applications.
Chapter 2. Fundamentals of Programming with VBA.
Chapter 3. Worksheet Functions for Working with Matrices.
Chapter 4. Number Series.
Chapter 5. Interpolation.
Chapter 6. Differentiation.
Chapter 7. Integration.
Chapter 8. Roots of Equations.
Chapter 9. Systems of Simultaneous Equations.
Chapter 10. Numerical Integration of Ordinary Differential Equations, Part I: Initial Conditions.
Chapter 11. Numerical Integration of Ordinary Differential Equations, Part II: Boundary Conditions.
Chapter 12. Partial Differential Equations.
Chapter 13. Linear Regression and Curve Fitting.
Chapter 14. Nonlinear Regression Using the Solver.
Chapter 15. Random Numbers and the Monte Carlo Method.
Appendix 1 Selected VBA Keywords.
Appendix 2 Shortcut Keys for VBA.
Appendix 3 Custom Functions Help File.
Appendix 4 Some Equations for Curve Fitting.
Appendix 5 Engineering and Other Functions.
Appendix 6 ASCII Codes.
Appendix 7 Bibliography.
Appendix 8 Answers and Comments for End-of-Chapter Problems.