Exercise Physiology: Integrating Theory and Application / Edition 2 available in Hardcover
Help your students develop an understanding of exercise physiology concepts and their application athletic performance and well-being with Exercise Physiology, 2e. Using an engaging evidence-based approach that combines research and theory with practical discussions of nutrition and training, the authors help students understand how the human body works and responds to exercise.The Second Edition includes new video clips, a fresh new design, and enhanced online teaching and learning resources to save you time and help your students succeed.Instructor Resources:
- A pre-created PowerPoint Presentation speeds lecture preparation.
- A Test bank of chapter-specific questions saves you time in building quizzes and exams
- A complete image bank enhances lecture and exam preparation.
- LMS cartridges allow you to connect to your preferred course management system with ease.
- Answers to Review Questions speed student assessment.
- Animations demonstrate complex concepts in a dynamic, memorable way.
- Video Clips from experts demonstrate fascinating, real-life applications in a variety of exercise science careers.
- Quiz bank provides online practice to help ensure content mastery.
|Edition description:||Second, North American Edition|
|Product dimensions:||8.40(w) x 11.00(h) x 1.20(d)|
Table of Contents
Part I: Foundations of Exercise Physiology
Chapter 1: Applying Research to Everyday Exercise and Sport
Chapter 2: Bioenergetics and Meeting the Metabolic Demands for Energy
Part II: Exercise Physiology and Body Systems
Chapter 3: Skeletal Muscle System
Chapter 4: Nervous System
Chapter 5: Cardiovascular System
Chapter 6: Respiratory System
Chapter 7: Endocrine System
Part III: Nutrition and Environment
Chapter 8: Nutritional Support for Exercise
Chapter 9: Fluid and Electrolyte Challenges in Exercise
Chapter 10: Environmental Challenges and Exercise Performance
Part IV: Training for Health and Performance
Chapter 11: Understanding and Improving Body Composition
Chapter 12: Aerobic and Strength Training Prescription for Health and Performance
Chapter 13: Testing and Evaluating Physical Fitness
Chapter 14: Ergogenics in Exercise and Sport
Chapter 15: Training Considerations for Special Populations