An effective study tool for mastering radiography, this valuable question-and-answer book reinforces integral skills including film handling, exposures, and clinical technique. Featuring more than 730 new images, this fourth edition has been expanded to include a broader scope of material, as well as more practice opportunities for answering questions and preparing for examinations. New topics include the coverage of errors seen in radiographs, intraoral and panoramic digital imaging, and infection control/radiation health. A comprehensive review for national and state board examinations is also provided.
• Radiographs are easy to read and unobscurred, with corresponding line drawings for radiographs that use extensive labeling or arrows.
• A comprehensive review for national and state board examinations consists of 475 new questions to help readers excel in these career critical tests.
• A unique writing style and humorous interjections help engage individuals who are studying this difficult topic.
• Content helps readers learn to recognize and correct errors seen in panoramic radiographs, as well as errors made in film handling and processing.
• The basic concepts of panoramic digital imaging and intraoral digital imaging are presented to provide a review of digital image techniques and processing.
• Discussions on radiation health reflect current standards and practices to help identify radiologic and infection control procedures for patient and operator protection.
• Clinical photographs and questions include the coverage of normal anatomy, intraoral and panoramic clinical technique errors, infection control, and radiation protection.
• Many case-based questions have been added to enhance critical thinking and provide a real-life component to text content.
• Goals and Learning Objectives are listed for each part, so readers can keep track of areas that require more review.
• New figures illustrate the key features more concisely.
|Publisher:||Elsevier Health Sciences|
|Product dimensions:||6.96(w) x 10.02(h) x 0.65(d)|
Table of Contents
Part 1: Normal Anatomy
Part 2: Materials and Foreign Objects
Part 3: Intraoral Radiography: Clinical technique
Part 4: Intraoral Radiography: Errors Seen in Radiographs
Part 5: Intraoral Digital Imaging
Part 6: Panoramic Radiography: Clinical Technique
Part 7: Panoramic Radiography: Errors Seen in Radiographs
Part 8: Panoramic Digital Imaging
Part 9: Radiation Health
Part 10: Dental Anomalies
Part 11: Assessment/Interpretation of Pathology of the Jaws
Part 12: National Dental Board Examination Preparation
Section 1: Principles of radiation physics, health, and biology
Section 2: Radiographic assessment and interpretation