ALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Used or rental books
If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code.
Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase.
-- Presents the basics of research in the social and behavioral sciences in an informative and student-friendly way.
Salkind’s Exploring Research, 8th edition makes research methods accessible for students.
Exploring Research provides an introduction to research methods through a friendly, approachable writing style. Salkind describes how to collect and analyze data and provides thorough instruction on how to prepare and write a research proposal and manuscript. The text explores the use of electronic sources (the Internet) as a means to enhance research skills and includes discussions about scientific methods. The most common types of research models in the social and behavioral sciences are incorporated, including qualitative methods. Salkind covers the research process, problem selection, sampling and generalizability, as well as a discussion of the measurement process .
Teaching & Learning Experience
- Personalize Learning - MySearchLab delivers proven results in helping students succeed, provides engaging experiences that personalize learning, and comes from a trusted partner with educational expertise and a deep commitment to helping students and instructors achieve their goals.
- Improve Critical Thinking — “What You’ll Learn about in This Chapter” helps students organize and understand the material to be covered within the chapter. “Exercises” and “Test Yourself” sections challenge students think about and discuss chapter topics and improve their problem-solving skills. Resources in the text and online help students master the process of writing a research paper.
- Engage Students — Chapter objectives, chapter quizzes, Lab Manual, and eText within MySearchLab help to engage students in the material.
- Explore Research — Discussions of the research process, problem selection, sampling and generalizability, and the measurement process make research exploration accessible to students. A lab manual is included in MySearchLab to help engage students in the research process.
- Support Instructors — MyTest, PowerPoints, and an instructor’s manual offer additional support for instructors.
Note: MySearchLab with eText does not come automatically packaged with this text. To purchase MySearchLab with eText, please visit: www.mysearchlab.com or you can purchase a valuepack of the text + MySearchLab with eText (at no additional cost). VP: 9780205239924