O'Neill, a graduate of Stanford University, member of the Mariological Society of America, and host of the television series "Miracle Hunters", takes you on an amazing tour of miracles large and small, and answers some of our most burning questions:
- Are miracles all that important?
- What do miracles have to do with me?
- How does the Church determine if a miracle is valid?
- What do miracle cures have to do with canonization?
- Do saints perform miracles?
- What are apparitions and why do they appear?
- What's a "Eucharistic miracle"?
- Can statues, icons, or effigies really be miraculous?
- What about incorruptibles and stigmata?
Thoroughly researched and documented, Exploring the Miraculous will enlighten and fascinate, but most of all will guide us to Christ, who is the center of our lives and the true object of our faith.
|Publisher:||Our Sunday Visitor, Publishing Division|
|Sold by:||Barnes & Noble|
|File size:||802 KB|
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 Are Miracles Really All That Important? 19
Chapter 2 What Should We Do with Miracles? 30
Chapter 3 Miracle or Fraud? - How the Church Decides 38
Chapter 4 Trends in Claims of the Miraculous 60
Chapter 5 Healing Miracles and the Canonization Process 77
Chapter 6 Biblical Miracles 95
Chapter 7 Miracles of the Saints 111
Chapter 8 Apparitions 120
Chapter 9 Locutions 139
Chapter 10 Miraculous Images 149
Chapter 11 Eucharistic Miracles 166
Chapter 12 Incorruptibles 175
Chapter 13 Stigmata 186