- Pub. Date:
Secrets of exposure revealed, with a bonus color checker card included
Exposure is the number one topic that digital photographers want to know about. This full-color book fits in your camera bag and provides all the information you need on this very important aspect of digital photography.
Exposure involves combining ISO, aperture, and shutter speed in different variations to accomplish your vision of the perfect image. Exposure Digital Field Guide takes you through the complex techniques of good exposure, taking you from hobbyist to serious amateur photographer.
- Explains how to adjust shutter speed and aperture to control the amount of light hitting the camera's light sensor
- Teaches you how to "see the light" for the perfect exposure
- Helps you gain confidence as you move from automatic controls into manipulating the elements of exposure for specific results
- Packed with stunning full-color photographs to illustrate what you can achieve
- Provides suggested settings for various shooting situations and subjects
- Includes a tear-out color checker card to help you maintain true color
- Fits in your camera bag for ready reference in the field
Exposure Digital Field Guide helps you master one of the most complex and intricate elements of digital photography.
Related collections and offers
About the Author
Alan Hess is a professional photographer specializing in concert and event photography. His concert and backstage images have appeared in numerous online and print publications and have been used for promotions and music packaging. Alan also wrote the Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Digital Field Guide and the Sony Alpha DSLR-A200 Digital Field Guide.
Table of Contents
CHAPTER 1 Understanding Exposure 1
CHAPTER 2 Working with Light 21
Chapter 3 Shutter Speed 41
CHAPTER 4 Aperture 57
CHAPTER 5 ISO 77
CHAPTER 6 Event Photography 87
CHAPTER 7 Portrait Photography 107
CHAPTER 8 Landscape and Nature Photography 137
CHAPTER 9 Night and Low-Light Photography 155
CHAPTER 10 Sports and Action Photography 171
CHAPTER 11 Wedding Photography 189
CHAPTER 12 Wildlife and Animal Photography 205
CHAPTER 13 Creative Exposure 223
APPENDIX A Software 233
APPENDIX B How to Use the Gray Card and Color Checker 245