DK Eyewitness Travel Guides: the most maps, photography, and illustrations of any guide.
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Northern Spain is your in-depth guide to the very best of Northern Spain.
Our Eyewitness Travel Guide to Northern Spain is packed with culture and activities for travelers to enjoy. We'll connect you with the best restaurants, bars, and cafes, and we'll give you insider tips for taking fantastic walking excursions and finding fun activities for either the solitary traveler or for families with children. From local festivals and markets to site-seeing trips to the countryside, from day trips to nightlife, our guide to Northern Spain has everything you'll need to create a memorable trip on any budget.
Discover DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Northern Spain
- Detailed itineraries and "don't miss" destination highlights at a glance.
- Illustrated cutaway 3-D drawings of important sights.
- Floor plans and guided visitor information for major museums.
- Guided walking tours, local drink and dining specialties to try, things to do, and places to eat, drink, and shop by area.
- Area maps marked with sights.
- Insights into history and culture to help you understand the stories behind the sights.
- Hotel and restaurant listings highlight DK Choice special recommendations.
With hundreds of full-color photographs, hand-drawn illustrations, and custom maps that illuminate every page, DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Northern Spain truly shows you Northern Spain as no one else can.
Recommended: For an in-depth guidebook to Spain, check out DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Spain, which offers the most complete coverage of Spain, trip-planning itineraries, and more.
About the Author
Nick Rider was born in the UK but spent many years living and traveling throughout Spain. He is the author of several books on various locations in Mexico and other countries, including DK Eyewitness Travel’s Top 10: Cancun & The Yucatan, Short Breaks in Northern France, and Buying a Property in Spain.
Mary-Ann Gallagher has been an avid traveler since childhood, and now writes about it professionally. She has authored guidebooks for DK Eyewitness Travel, Footprint, Frommer's, Inside Out, and Sterling. Gallagher grew up in Scotland and Canada, lives in Barcelona, and says her favorite trip was through the Nara region of Japan. She loves the journey as much as the destination, and says she's happiest when she's on the road.