f2m has appeal to teen readers (both boys and girls) through its:
• Compassionate, candid and funny 'coming of age' via punk music and family history genetic clues
• Accessible facts in story format on a little-understood medical situation. FTM means female to male. MTF means male to female
• International first; female to male gender transition YA fiction
• NOT autobiographical, but co-writer Ryan has experienced the medical sequence of gender reassignment from female to male, which is less common than MTF
• Insight into genetic inheritances.
|Product dimensions:||5.06(w) x 7.81(h) x 0.70(d)|
|Age Range:||13 - 17 Years|
About the Author
Best known for There’s a Hippopotamus on Our Roof Eating Cake, Melbourne based HAZEL EDWARDS has also written YA novels & adult non-fiction including Difficult Personalities. Family friends, Hazel and Ryan co-wrote online and via webcam.
New Zealand-based RYAN KENNEDY lived as female until his transition to male at 27. Ryan works in IT and is a passionate environmentalist and musician.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
Young Adult novel written by an Australian author primarily known for her "There's a Hippopotamus on My Roof ..." books for young children. This books follows the story of 18 year old Skye as she transitions to become Finn - it deals with the impact on Finn's family and friends and is a well-told and sometimes witty story based loosely on co-author Ryan Kennedy's experiences.