Fabric Art Workshop: Exploring Techniques & Materials for Fabric Artists and Quilters / Edition 1
A comprehensive source of all the newest and most popular fiber art techniques!
This technique-driven book explores a wide range of new possibilities and materials available to fabric and journal artists. Each unique technique is presented with an inspirational, full-page photo of a fabric journal page. How-to steps with photos explore all the possible results from applying the technique. The reader can create journal pages and/or quilt blocks, which can be sewn together to make one large journal quilt, matted and framed individually, displayed on a meditation screen, or used as book pages sewn into a traditional journal format.
- Full-page fabric journal block to introduce each technique
- Step-by-step photos for exploring and executing the technique
- Gallery showing ways to display and use the fabric journal blocks
- Great value. Like two years of classes rolled into one book.
- Beautiful "journal page" opens each of 28 technique chapters
- All techniques are easily mastered by anyone. No complex dying involved. All products are readily available at craft, fabric, and quilt shops.