I have always had a thing, intrigue, desire, call it what you will, in the homes I have come across. There have been major changes over the last hundred years in every aspect of home construction and you would do well to know something about them (the more the better), if you plan on buying one.
Home construction did not change very much from the early 1900's through about 1950. After World War II, home construction, materials, methods of construction, construction standards, building codes, building design and craftsmanship, saw major changes. (I will break it down into 10 year periods in this book)
Add to this mix, older homes that have been updated or remodeled, either in whole or partially (mostly partially I've found), and you have a real mystery on your hands trying to figure out just exactly what you are buying. No easy task for your average Home Buyer. And if you think Real Estate Brokers will help you out, guess again, they have to stay completely out of it, for liability reasons. Home Inspectors are good and you should most certainly hire one, but they will only tell you about visual defects they can see at the time of the inspection, and some will tell you about home maintenance tips.
The purpose of this book is to educate you by sharing my knowledge and experiences, hopefully saving you from making any big and costly mistakes when you make the decision to buy a property.
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 9.00(h) x 0.29(d)|
About the Author
1980 - 2013: Currently DBA: 'Jeff Bones Enterprises' WA JEFFBBE908BK. EPA-RRP certified contractor (lead paint) NAT-76722-1.
- 2013: (11/12 - 9/13) Rehab, Inspector / Estimator for Invitation Homes. Completed hundreds of inspections.
- Licensed, Contractor / Builder / Designer / Renovator / RE Developer / RE Investor. Developed land and built custom homes. Purchased, renovated and sold for profit residential properties.
- 2001 - 2010: Owner of a Home Inspection Company (Licensed & Certified Inspector). Completed hundreds of inspections, designed report formats, authored a booklet entitled 'FACTS ABOUT HOMES' (Every Home Buyer Should Know).
- Residential new construction - Many custom new homes, condominiums, town homes, and apartments, several homes worth over a million dollars.
- Commercial new construction - (2) 2 story office buildings, several tenant improvement remodels, (2) restaurant remodels, marina docks and boathouses.
- Residential renovation, remodels, additions - Designed and built well over a hundred in the last 31 years.
- Project Management - Residential, remodeling, light commercial. Estimating; Job Costing; Contract Creation; Bookkeeping.
- Education - High school diploma, some college and numerous on line courses completed; Construction, Architectural Drafting, Blueprint Reading, Environmental (mold, lead paint), Contractors license school, Home Inspection school, Real Estate license, school, and real estate continuing education classes.
REAL ESTATE EXPERIENCE AND BACKGROUND:
- 2012: (2 months) Property Manager / Construction Coordinator for 393 properties with BCI Properties, Tacoma, WA.
- 2007 - 2012: Real Estate Broker active in residential sales of homes and land. Worked with Keller Williams, Prodigy, Asset Realty, Skyline Properties, Better Properties N Proctor, John S Realty, and currently with Better Properties North Proctor.
- Knowledgeable in: Lead Generation Systems; Marketing strategies; Bank owned, short sale, and HUD properties; RE Contracts and addendums.