A Faithful Future, Vol. 2 continues the process, begun in the original volume, of providing practical support for congregations in utilizing the five critical processes identified in Keeping in Touch: Christian Formation and Teaching:
- Keeping in Touch With God;
- Keeping in Touch With God’s People;
- Keeping in Touch With Your Experience;
- Keeping in Touch With the World;
- Keeping in Touch With Teaching.
The workshops in this second volume include:
- "Cultivating Christian Community" by Thomas R. Hawkins; primary resource: Cultivating Christian Community by Thomas R. Hawkins
- "Generations" by MaryJane Pierce Norton; primary resource: Making God Real for a New Generation by MaryJane Pierce Norton, Craig Kennet Miller, and others.
- "Asking Powerful Questions" by Thomas R. Hawkins; primary resource: Learn to Think, Think to Learn by Thomas R. Hawkins
- "Works of Mercy/Works of Piety" by William Pyatt; primary resource: Accountable Discipleship by Steven W. Manskar
- "Our Spiritual Brain" by Barbara Bruce; primary resource: Our Spiritual Brain by Barbara Bruce
- "Lectio Divina" by Susan W. N. Ruach; primary resource: Lectio Divina: Renewing the Ancient Practice of Praying the Scriptures by Basil Pennington
In each workshop section you will find:
- an introductory article that provides an overview of the section topic;
- a workshop model to adapt or use with teachers and small group leaders;
- a primary resource to use for further exploration of the topic;
- a short bibliography of additional resources;
- reproducible articles and handouts for use in your workshops.