1. Home, School, and Community Influences on Children's Lives.
2. Historical and Philosophical Perspectives.
3. Viewing Family Diversity.
4. Understanding Roles and Experiences of Parents.
5. Meeting Child-Care Needs from Infancy Through School Age.
6. Including Children with Disabilities.
7. Responsibility for Educating and Protecting Children.
8. Curriculum of the Home.
9. Curriculum of the School.
10. Curriculum of the Community.
11. Strategies for Working Together.
12. Models for ParentSchoolCommunity Partnerships.
Appendix 1: Bibliography of Children's Books.
Appendix 2: NAEYC Code of Ethical Conduct and Statement of Commitment.