Family-Focused Nursing Care / Edition 1 available in Paperback
Nurses have a unique role in redefining the way we view partnerships in healthcare—
Transitioning from individualized to family-focused care is not only advocated by the Institute of Medicine; it’s becoming a way of life. Families want their perspectives and choices for their loved ones to be heard.
Try searching for family-focused nursing resources, and you may be surprised. Recent evidence-based research and strategies for family-focused nursing texts are hard to find.
That’s why we’ve made it our priority to deliver the most up-to-date educational resource to help nurses meet the goal of empowering patients and their families—throughout the entire nursing process.
|Publisher:||F. A. Davis Company|
|Product dimensions:||6.90(w) x 9.90(h) x 0.70(d)|
Table of Contents
- Health Care Needs for the 21st Century
- Moving to Family-Focused Care
- Thinking Family to Guide Nursing Actions
- Communication With and About Families
- Family Assessment
- Cultural and Diversity Aspects of Health and Illness Care Needs
- Using Family Theory to Guide Nursing Practice
- Developing a Family-Focused Nursing Practice
- Family and Nurse Presence in Family-Focused Care
- Family-Focused Care in Acute Settings
- Family-Focused Care and Chronic Illness
- Family-Focused Care to Meet Population Needs
- “Doing For” Versus “Being With”
- Family-Focused Nursing Actions
- Teaching Family Members Supportive Care
View the Contributors, Reviewers, and full Table of Contents here.