Family Life Now Census Update with NEW MySocLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card Package / Edition 2 available in Hardcover
- Pub. Date:
A candid and thoughtful conversation about family life.
Welch’s text combines the personal touch and scholarly expertise of an outstanding teacher.
Family Life Now Census Update 2e explores the ways that family members and intimate partners interact, and examines how families adapt to stresses, changes, and everyday challenges. As products of our families of origins, who we are and who we become is influenced by our family lives, a central theme woven throughout the book.
This book follows the Family Life Education framework to examine marriages, families, and intimate relationships. Throughout the text, theories from the fields of sociology, family studies, psychology, lifespan human development, and other social sciences are integrated so that they can be applied to real life situations. The text also presents enough biological science to explain some of the physical realities of who we are and why we behave as we do.
The Census Update program incorporates 2010 Census data into a course–simply and easily. The components of the Census Update Program include an updated census edition with all charts and graphs–to reflect the results of the 2010 Census. In addition, A Short Introduction to the U.S. Census is available and an updated MyFamilyLab.
Teaching & Learning Experience
- Personalize Learning –MyFamilyLab delivers proven results in helping students succeed, provides engaging experiences that personalize learning, and comes from a trusted partner with educational expertise and a deep commitment to helping students and instructors achieve their goals.
- Improve Critical Thinking – Learner-centered pedagogical elements are found at the beginning, middle, and end of each chapter.
- Engage Students – Application exercises and questions help students apply material to their own lives.
- Explore Theory– Principles of Family Life Education and an interdisciplinary approach are woven throughout the text.
- Support Instructors - Written activities and assessment in MyFamilyLab offer instructors supplemental materials to help their students succeed.
0205915175 / 9780205915170 Family Life Now Census Update with NEW MySocLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
0205006833 / 9780205006830 Family Life Now Census Update
0205206530 / 9780205206537 NEW MySocLab with Pearson eText -- Valuepack Access Card