- Pub. Date:
- McGraw-Hill Professional Publishing
A Comprehensive Case-Based Review Guide for the Family Practice Boards or Recertification Exam
5 STAR DOODY'S REVIEW!
"The book is both broad and comprehensive, with chapters written by family physicians and specialists who contribute informative, easy to follow, and concise discussions. Chapters cover the main systems of the body as well as HIV/AIDS, men's health, women's health, care of the surgical patient, and care of the older patient. In addition, there are chapters not traditionally included in board review books on ethics, end-of-life care, evidence-based medicine, and patient-centered care. Chapters are well written, contain questions consistent with those found on the boards, and provide explanations that will help readers navigate these topics on the exam. The case-based approach provides a comprehensive review of topics commonly encountered in the family physician's office. Each chapter contains clinical pearls, quizzes, and objectives to ensure that the main points have been addressed. The numerous illustrations include quality images of dermatological conditions, EKGs, and x-rays. Tables provide useful charts and are effective teaching tools.
This will be a wonderful resource not only for those preparing for the family medicine boards, but also for family medicine residents, physicians, and anyone else working in a primary care setting." Doody's
Family Practice Examination & Board Review serves as an ideal study guide for the primary and recertification exam in family medicine and for licensure exams. Containing more than 400 progressive clinical cases that cover all specialty and topic areas tested on the exams, this unique guide features a step-by-step approach that ensures you fully comprehend a subject before moving on to a more advanced one.
- More than 400 case studies that reflect the realities of clinical practice
- Comprehensive coverage of ALL topics on the boards and recertifying exam
- Hundreds of “Helpful Tip” boxes that provide valuable clinical pearls
- Learning aids including "Quick Quizzes," learning objectives, and online resources
- Up-to-date coverage of evolving issues such as multicultural medicine and evidence-based medicine
- High-quality color photographs of conditions most easily diagnosed by appearance
- More color photos and diagrams than in the previous edition
- Improved design so you can spend more time learning and less time looking for answers
- Completely updated content reflecting all major new developments in diagnosis and treatment
- NEW! Expanded coverage of current topics such as clinical ethics, women's health, and obstetrics
|Publisher:||McGraw-Hill Professional Publishing|
|Series:||McGraw-Hill Specialty Board Review Series|
|Product dimensions:||8.40(w) x 10.80(h) x 1.50(d)|
Table of Contents
- Emergency Medicine
- Allergy and Immunology
- Hematology and Oncology
- Infectious Diseases
- Orthopedic and Sports Medicine
- Adolescent Medicine
- Obstetrics and Women's Health
- Men's Health
- Care of the Older Patient
- Care of the Surgical Patient
- Nutrition and Herbal Medicine
- Substance Abuse
- End-of-Life Care
- Evidence-Based Medicine
- Patient-Centered Care
- Final Examination
Mark A. Graber, MD, Professor, Departments of Family Medicine and Emergency Medicine, Roy J. and Lucille A. Carver College of Medicine, University of Iowa, Iowa City.
Jason K. Wilbur, MD, is Assistant Professor (Clinical), Department of Family Medicine, Roy J. and Lucille A. Carver College of Medicine, University of Iowa, Iowa City.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
I was searching for a book to use to study for the SPEX exam and found a review from a user who was successful with the earlier edition of this book. I bought the first edition and then "upgraded" to the second edition when it became available. I found the book easy to read and very complete. I had no trouble passing my SPEX exam this spring and plan to use the book again to study for my Family Practice Boards this summer.