Not many people realize it, but the world is coming apart-and it's probably not going to get better anytime soon. Terrorism, natural disasters, economic collapses, riots, and civil unrest continue to spread throughout cities, states, and nations. It's more important than ever to prepare to survive such events.
David Browne, a Vietnam veteran who was assigned to the CIA and flew out of Udorn Thailand along the Ho Chi Minh trail with Air America, relies on his experiences during the war and after to help you survive the tough times ahead. As the former operator of Pioneer Survival School, he has lived "off the grid" with his family for twelve years, and he's an expert on survival.
This guidebook to family preparedness can teach you how to
• survive riots and civil unrest;
• decide when to ignore governmental orders;
• plan an escape from the city where you live; and
• protect your family even when you don't have guns.
You'll also learn what foods and other tangible goods to have on hand in order to keep yourself and your loved ones alive. When the going gets tough, this guide can help you to survive this new millennium.
|Product dimensions:||5.50(w) x 8.50(h) x 0.27(d)|
About the Author
Read an Excerpt
FAMILY PREPAREDNESS FOR THE NEW MILLENNIUM
By David Browne
iUniverse LLCCopyright © 2013 David Browne
All rights reserved.
This is the future!
What do you think will happen in the near future? Let's take a look at what has happened first.
1. 2008 financial crisis (collapse/bailout phase): September/October 2008 What the Fed did:
On Sept. 8, 2008, the U.S. Treasury seized control of mortgage giants Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac and pledged a $200 billion cash injection to help the companies cope with mortgage default losses.
About a week later the government bailed out American International Group Inc., or AIG, with $85 billion.
The Fed refused to save Lehman Brothers and the company was forced to file for bankruptcy. Some of the largest financial institutions were on the verge of collapse as the mortgage market melted down. As the crisis hit the global market, the credit freeze spread.
The Treasury and the Federal Reserve began working on a $700 billion bailout plan.
President George W. Bush signed the bailout plan into law Oct. 3.
Weeks later, on Oct. 29, the Fed cut the key interest rate to 1 percent. Read more: http://www.bankrate. com/finance/federal-reserve/financial-crisis-timeline. aspx#ixzz2ZWDuegVG
2. The all items index increased 1.8 percent over the last 12 months, an increase from last month's 1.4 percent figure. The index for all items less food and energy has risen 1.6 percent over the last year, the smallest 12-month change since June 2011. The energy index has risen 3.2 percent over the span, and the food index has increased 1.4 percent.
New release, July 16th, 2013; Bureau of Labor Statistics.
3. Misery Index (8.96) equals Unemployment rate (7.6) plus Inflation rate (1.36). The misery index was initiated by economist Arthur Okun, an adviser to President Lyndon Johnson in the 1960's. It is simply the unemployment rate added to the inflation rate. It is assumed that both a higher rate of unemployment and a worsening of inflation create economic and social costs for a country. A combination of rising inflation and more people out of work implies a deterioration in economic performance and a rise in the misery index.
4. "The American dream is dead for the majority of America," financial guru Suze Orman told Forbes last year, speaking about her upcoming book "The Money Class"
5. Surveys show meager growth in average wages of 1.7 percent in the past year, while surges in gasoline and food prices have pushed the inflation rate to more than 2 percent. Growth in other sources of income such as rents, interest and Social Security has been weak or nonexistent. The result-typical workers are no longer able to keep up with the rising cost of living. Washington Times, Patrice Hill, April 5, 2011. If it was that bad back then it is a lot worse now!
6. Consumer Confidence is at an all time low, just ask yourself that question.
7. The number of Americans receiving food stamps as reported by the United States Department of Agriculture: As of the latest data released on July 5, 2013, the total is 47.5 million, which is more than the entire populations of many large nations. It is almost inconceivable that the largest economy on earth could have so many people dependent on the government food handout.
8. As the economy crumbles, we are also witnessing the fabric of society begining to come apart. The recent flash of gang crimes that we are starting to see all over America is just one example of this. When laundry detergents and food are becoming a target of burglary, things are not looking good for the near future. Gangs are living in bank reposessed homes that are left vacant.
9. Some desperate Americans are already stealing anything that they can get their hands on. For example, according to the American Kennel Club, dog thefts are up 32 percent the last year. People need to eat?
10. The recent flash mob crimes that we are starting to see all over America, are yet another example of this.
11. The United States national debt is like a giant boulder that our economy must constantly carry around on its back, and it is growing by billions of dollars every single day. At the time of writing, the debt of the federal government is $14,592,242,215,641.90. It has gone up by nearly 4 trillion dollars since Barack Obama took office. S&P has already stripped the United States of its AAA credit rating, and more downgrades are certain to come if the United States does not get its collective financial act together.
12. Tensions between the United States and China are rising again. A new opinion piece on chinadaily.com is calling for the Chinese government to use its holdings of United States debt as a "financial weapon" against the United States if the United States follows through with a plan to sell more arms to Taiwan. The United States and China are the two biggest economies in the world, so any trouble between them would mean economic trouble for the rest of the globe as well.
13. Courtesy of Economic Policy Journal we now know that the majority of American States are currently insolvent, and that the US Treasury has been conducting a shadow bailout of at least 32 US states. Over 60% of Americans receiving state unemployment benefits are getting these directly from the US government, as 32 states have now borrowed $37.8 billion from Uncle Sam to fund unemployment insurance.
14. ART. 3; Manifesto of United Future World Currency states: "It is therefore our wish to bring to life the project for a common currency, which has been given the provisional names, 'Eurodollar/Dollaeur' (initially), 'United Money', then 'United Future World Currency'. It would symbolize not only the economic, but also the human, social, political, and spiritual bonds between the Nations of different Continents that hold similar ideals."
15. The European sovereign debt crisis continues to deepen. Countries like Portugal, Italy and Greece are on the verge of an economic abyss. All of the financial problems in Europe are beginning to affect the core European nations. For example, German industrial production declined by 1.1% in June 2011 alone. There are all kinds of signs that the economy of Europe is slowing down and is heading for a protracted recession. French President Nicolas Sarkozy and German Chancellor Angela Merkel are proposing that a new economic government for Europe be established to oversee the current crisis, but nothing that the Europeans have attempted thus far has alleviated any problems.
16. The United States, Canada and Mexico are to merge into a single new entity named the North American Union. Its government, articles and constitution and MONEY will be merged. Take a look at the new coin.
17. The Federal Reserve is so desperate to bring some sort of stability to financial markets that it has stated that it will likely keep interest rates near zero all the way until mid-2013. The Federal Reserve is operating in panic mode almost constantly now and they are almost out of ammunition. So what is going to happen when the real trouble starts?
18. Central banks around the world certainly seem to be preparing for something. According to the World Gold Council, central banks around the globe purchased more gold during the first half of 2011 than they did all of last year.
19. NaturalNews. Com by Ethan Huff, staff writer. December 10, 2011
Federal agents raid Mormon food storage facility, demand list of customers storing emergency food. Later a door-to-door questioning of Tennessee citizens about their stored food.
20. Chinese Troops Reportedly Amassing Near US-Mexico Border—video shows potential military base. Beforeitsnews. com The Video was banned by FEMA. This book might be banned too.
21. mnn.com/earth March 7, 2011 by Bryan Nelson; The magnetic north pole is currently shifting at a faster rate than at any time in human history—almost 40 miles a year—and some experts believe that it may be the beginning of a complete pole reversal.
22. Mailonline.com, by Eddie Wrenn, 10 july 2012 NASA, The sun is a tempestuous mistress—and her outbursts are becoming more and more violent as the weeks go on. NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory spotted the summer's first 'X' solar flare on Friday—a huge outburst from the sun right at the top of the scale.
23. Policymic.com by George Ivanov Isreal's war with Iran is Imminent: Gaza, Syria, and Egypt are to blame.
24. How many FEMA Concentration camps are there in the United States? 800 that we know of. Nstarzone.com/camps
25. Aug 1995, Cedar City Airport, I personally watched two C-147 Army aircraft fly in and land, and two Army buses rolled up as some 40 Russians in uniform and two, two star Generals took a bus trip to all military bases and who knows what for a two week tour.
26. On February 3, 2012, a judge declared that the Food and Drug Administration had jurisdiction over all private property use with regard to Pennsylvania farmer Dan Allgyer's livestock. Selling raw milk, cheese, eggs and butter are now apparently prohibited activity. One might think that this blatant interference in free commerce and would be against the Commerce Clause, but apparently when it is outright banned by the Federal Government with no law specifically granting federal jurisdiction to do so, it is still acceptable. There is a word that accurately describes this type of governance: Tyranny.
27. The Center for Security Policy, suggests that an Electro-Magnetic Pulse (EMP) or CME could easily result in widespread inductance generated damage to our electrical distribution grid across the United States and beyond, and could potentially leave 90% of Americans dead within the first year. Question: Why? Answer: Because as a nation, we did not prepare for it. Many of the cold war era protections against EMP such as TEMPEST, are no longer in use due to the added costs.
28. Working-class whites are gloomy about future amid rising income gaps, racial shifts.
AP By Hope Yen, Associated Press | Associated Press—July, 28, 2013 WASHINGTON (AP)—Four out of five U.S. adults struggle with joblessness, near-poverty or reliance on welfare for at least parts of their lives, a sign of deteriorating economic security and an elusive American dream.
Survey data exclusive to The Associated Press points to an increasingly globalized U.S. economy, the widening gap between rich and poor and the loss of good-paying manufacturing jobs quoted as reasons for the trend.
The findings come as President Barack Obama tries to renew his administration's emphasis on the economy, saying in recent speeches that his highest priority is to "rebuild ladders of opportunity" and reverse income inequality.
29. The United States Department of Homeland Security has awarded a contract for 450,000,000 rounds of .40 caliber handgun ammunition. That is an incredibly excessive amount for practice ammunition. To put it another way, it is enough for one and a half bullets for every man, woman and child in the United States.
30. And finally, the Mark of the Beast that we have been waiting for is here. Obama Health Care Mandate Mar 2013 to be completed in 3 years by the Secretary of State. Read it for yourself. On page 1001, to be inserted in the left hand, a class II or a class III radio transmitter that will contain all your personal history, medical history and banking information.
It will be mandatory on all food stamps, medical assistance, military, schools, unemployment recipients to begin with. Anyone who wants something from the government will be required to have this device implanted.
31. This, I believe, will bring on many of the riots as people demand food, medical help etc. I think it will begin in the bible belt first as those good spiritual people realize that this is the Mark of the Beast.
I could go on for another 100 examples but I hope this will be enough for you to read "Family Preparedness for the New Millennium's.
Now lets get started on how you can prepare for this anarchy.
Neighborhood Emergency Training Team (NETT)
We went over the idea of the Electrical Grid going down and what to do in that case. Here are some other areas to plan for on your block and how to develop your NETT for further protection.
My first introduction to the concept of NETT was while I was stationed at Fort Ord, California during the Watts Riots. I had to pull extra guard duty during this week with an unloaded M14 rifle. While patrolling the streets I noticed that a couple of former marines (they were in uniforms) had barricaded the street leading to their homes with cars and whatever else they could find. The rioters walking down the main street went right on by their street. These people took matters into their own hands and provided for the security needs of their own families and neighborhood. The idea of neighborhood emergency teams was born.
I would like to point out plainly and clearly that this type of action is not vigilantism. Vigilantism is taking the law into your own hands in an environment where law and order exists in some form. When law and order breaks down, you have every right to protect yourself, your family and your property. Do not let anyone convince you otherwise.
Should you have an emergency or anarchy in your area, you will have to decide whether or not to stay and stand your ground or get out of Dodge. You will want to plan how you are going to shelter-in-place and protect your homes. What follows are a few ideas that I developed over the years. I will not plan it for you because someone might misinterpret that I support vigilantism. I wholeheartedly support family preparedness and security. If you have anarchy in the streets you have to do what you need to do to survive or better yet, disengage from the situation and leave the area for safety until the situation improves. The cost of a hotel or motel away from danger is money well spent. In fact, you really do not even need to spend money in hotels at all if you are prepared with camping gear or can stand sleeping in your vehicle until the dust settles. Obviously, if the situation is expected to be a protracted, long-term event, you may want to dig in and hunker down or get out of town. I will show you how in the next chapter.
In order to stay in your homes you must have food, water and security in appropriate quantity. How you keep that triad intact is up to you. One thing is certain; it will take prior planning. When the situation develops, it is too late to go shopping for needed supplies. You want to first think about what is most likely to happen in your particular area and then begin to make appropriate plans for those situations first. Keep in mind that part of this planning is to acquire all the necessary supplies and have a working knowledge of all your gear. Once that is done and in place, move to the next step, begin to think of a few contingencies and plan for those as well. Over time, you will have amassed enough supplies, gear, knowledge, practice and experience to withstand a myriad of emergencies, and that is our ultimate goal.
Planning for Contingencies
Understand that you can neither plan for everything nor think of every eventuality. It is easy to go to the extreme and wind up spending loads of money on things meant to address ocurrences that are so remote they are negligible. For instance, it makes no sense to prepare for blizzards in Florida. Could snow fall in Florida? The answer is yes and it has, but it never sticks around long enough to cause a situation lasting more than a day. Try to limit your planning to the top four or five problems that are plausible in your area. Incorporate your neighbors into the planning as to create overlapping protection against those problems.
A few ideas to think about and plan for:
Water System Failure
Natural Gas Failure
Riots or Anarchy
Excerpted from FAMILY PREPAREDNESS FOR THE NEW MILLENNIUM by David Browne. Copyright © 2013 David Browne. Excerpted by permission of iUniverse LLC.
All rights reserved. No part of this excerpt may be reproduced or reprinted without permission in writing from the publisher.
Excerpts are provided by Dial-A-Book Inc. solely for the personal use of visitors to this web site.