Everyone talks about doing what they live for a living. This book isn't going to tell you how to do that because that's thinking too narrowly.
Instead, "Fan To Pro" is about learning to see how your hobbies are a giant toolkit that you can use to build your career and improve your job opportunities. All the things you do in fandom give you ways to build skills, connect with people, and even develop a new career plan.
Get to work with and put your hobbies to work by . . .
* Developing the right perspective so you can see the opportunities, skills, and insights available to you as a fan!
* Doing a variety of helpful, fast exercises to help you see new opportunities, improve skills, and find opportunities for a new job!
* Exploring aspects of hobbies you weren't aware of or never thought of - and how they help your career.
* Using a variety of resources to build a more interesting career with what you love.
* This is the second edition of the book, updating and expanding on the original advice!